Skip to content
Yang Linking Vessel Acupuncture Points
Yang Linking Vessel Meridian Acupuncture Points
Yang Linking Vessel Meridian Points
- GV 15: ya men / Mute’s Gate
- Function: Clears the mind, stimulates speech.
- Indications: Mental disorders, epilepsy, deafness and mute, sudden hoarseness of voice, apoplexy, stiffness of the tongue and aphasia, occipital headache, neck rigidity.
- GV 16: feng fu / Wind Mansion
- Function: Eliminates wind, clears the mind, benefits the brain.
- Indications: Headache, neck rigidity, blurring of vision, epistaxis, sore throat, post-apoplexy, aphasia, hemiplegia, mental disorders.
- GB 20: feng chi / Wind Pool
- Function: Eliminates wind (interior and exterior), subdues Liver yang, brightens the eyes, benefits the ears, clears heat, clears the brain.
- Indications: Headache, vertigo, insomnia, pain and stiffness of neck, blurred vision, glaucoma, red and painful eyes, tinnitus, convulsion, epilepsy, infantile convulsion, febrile diseases, common cold, nasal obstruction, rhinorrhea.
- GB 19: nao kong / Brain Hollow
- Function: Clears the gallbladder and drains fire, soothes the sinews and quickens the connecting vessels, rouses the brain and frees the portal.
- Indications: Headache, vertigo, epistaxis, rhinorrhea, obsessive thoughts, dementia.
- GB 18: cheng ling / Spirit Support
- Function: Calms the mind, clears the brain, drains heat, diffuses Lungs, frees portals.
- Indications: Headache, vertigo, epistaxis, rhinorrhea, obsessive thoughts and dementia.
- GB 17: zheng ying / Upright Construction
- Function: Clears heat and drains the Gallbladder, soothes the sinews and quickens the connecting vessels.
- Indications: Migraine, vertigo.
- GB 16: mu chuang / Eye Window
- Function: Courses the channels and connecting vessels, clears head and brightens eyes.
- Indications: Headache, vertigo, red and painful eyes, nasal obstruction.
- GB 15: tou lin qi / Head Overlooking Tears
- Function: Regulates the mind, balances the emotions, clears brain, brightens eyes, frees the nose.
- Indications: Headache, vertigo, lacrimation, pain in outer canthus, rhinorrhea, nasal obstruction, manic depression.
- GB 14: yang bai / Yang White
- Function: Eliminates exterior wind, subdues rising Qi.
- Indications: Headache in the frontal region, pain of the orbital ridge, eye pain, vertigo, twitching of the eyelids, ptosis of the eyelids, lacrimation.
- GB 13: ben shen / Root Spirit
- Function: Calms the mind, eliminates wind, gathers essence to the head, clears the brain.
- Indications: Headache, insomnia, vertigo, epilepsy.
- ST 8: tou wei / Head Corner
- Function: Expels wind, relieves pain, brightens the eyes, relieves dizziness, clears heat.
- Indications: Headache, blurring of vision, ophthalmalgia, lacrimation.
- GB 21: jian jing / Shoulder Well
- Function: Relaxes sinews, promotes lactation, promotes delivery.
- Indications: Pain and rigidity of the neck, pain in the shoulder and back, motor impairment of the arm, insufficient lactation, mastitis, scrofula, apoplexy, difficult labor.
- TE 15: tian liao / Celestial Bone-Hole
- Function: Dispels wind and eliminates damp, frees the channels and quickens the connecting vessels, relieves pain.
- Indications: Pain in the shoulder and elbow, stiffness of the neck.
- SI 10: nao shu / Upper Arm Point
- Function: Quickens the blood and frees the connecting vessels, soothes the sinews and dissipates binds.
- Indications: Swelling of the shoulder, aching and weakness of the shoulder and arm.
- GB 35: yang liao / Yang Intersection
- Function: Relaxes sinews, removes obstructions from the channel, stops pain.
- Indications: Fullness of chest and hypochondriac region, muscular atrophy, paralysis of leg.
- BL 63: jin men / Metal Gate
- Function: Soothes the sinews and quickens connecting vessels, opens portals, quiets the spirit.
- Indications: Mania, epilepsy, infantile convulsion, backache, pain in the external malleolus, motor impairment and pain of the lower extremities.
The 12 Primary Meridians
The 2 Major Extraordinary Vessels
The 6 Minor Extraordinary Vessels