Yang Motility Vessel Acupuncture Points
Yang Motility Vessel Meridian Points
- GB 20: feng chi / Wind Pool
- Function: Eliminates wind (interior and exterior), subdues Liver yang, brightens the eyes, benefits the ears, clears heat, clears the brain.
- Indications: Headache, vertigo, insomnia, pain and stiffness of neck, blurred vision, glaucoma, red and painful eyes, tinnitus, convulsion, epilepsy, infantile convulsion, febrile diseases, common cold, nasal obstruction, rhinorrhea.
- BL 1: jing ming / Bright Eyes
- Function: Expels wind, clears heat, brightens the eyes, stops pain, stops itching, stops lacrimation.
- Indications: Redness, swelling and pain of the eye, itching of the canthus, lacrimation, night blindness, color blindness, blurring of vision.
- ST 1: cheng qi / Tear Container
- Function: Expels wind, brightens the eyes, stops lacrimation.
- Indications: Redness, swelling and pain of the eye, lacrimation, night blindness, twitching of eyelids, facial paralysis.
- ST 3: ju liao / Great Bone-Hole
- Function: Expels wind, removes obstructions from the channel, relieves swellings.
- Indications: Facial paralysis, twitching of eyelids, epistaxis, toothache, swelling of lips and cheek.
- ST 4: di cang / Earth Granary
- Function: Expels wind, removes obstructions from the channel, benefits tendons and muscles.
- Indications: Deviation of the mouth, salivation, twitching of the eyelids.
- LI 16: ju gu / Great Bone
- Function: Moves blood locally, removes obstructions from the channel, opens the chest, subdues ascending rebellious Qi, stimulates the descending of Lung Qi, benefits the joints.
- Indications: Pain and motor impairment of the upper extremities, pain in the shoulder and back.
- LI 15: jian yu / Shoulder Bone
- Function: Benefits sinews, promotes circulation of Qi in the channels, stops pain, expels wind.
- Indications: Pain in the shoulder and arm. Motor impairment of the upper extremities, rubella, scrofula.
- SI 10: nao shu / Upper Arm Point
- Function: Quickens the blood and frees the connecting vessels, soothes the sinews and dissipates binds.
- Indications: Swelling of the shoulder, aching and weakness of the shoulder and arm.
- GB 29: ju lido / Squatting Bone-Hole
- Function: Removes obstructions from the channel.
- Indications: Pain and numbness in the thigh and lumbar region, paralysis, muscular atrophy of the lower limbs.
- BL 59: fu yang / Instep Yang
- Function: Removes obstructions from the channel, invigorates the Yang Motility Vessel, strengthens the back.
- Indications: Heavy sensation of the head, headache, lower back pain, redness and swelling of the external malleolus, paralysis of the lower extremities.
- BL 62: shen mai / Extending Vessel
- Function: Removes obstructions from the channel, benefits the eyes, relaxes the sinews, opens the Yang Motility Vessel, clears the mind, eliminates interior wind.
- Indications: Epilepsy, mania, headache, dizziness, insomnia, backache, aching of the leg.
The 12 Primary Meridians
The 2 Major Extraordinary Vessels
The 6 Minor Extraordinary Vessels